michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My Canon Pixma MG5350 is telling me "B200 printer error has

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma MG5350 is telling me
"B200 printer error has ocurred unplug and call service centre
*****@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

the B200 error is a service error indicating a fault with the printhead

Customer:

this usually requires the printhead to be replaced. however there are few intermediate steps that we can try

Customer:

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps hav

heck the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

e been done

JACUSTOMER-pj3fqlml- :

what can I try

Customer:

let me know if error repeats after trying the above steps

Customer:

did you try the steps

Customer:

if the error code is still getting repeated after trying the above steps it indicates a fault with the printhead itself and printhead would need to be replaced

If unit is within warranty cover, you can call up Canon at 1800-OK-CANON to get the printhead replaced within warranty cover

However, if its out of warranty, you can order it online as well

I am listing below 2 links

Customer:

i hope you understand that for hardware faults, i can only suggest steps and diagnose the faulty part but cannot make a bad part work again

Customer:

let me know if you have any more questions

Customer:

please click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered; else let me know if you have any more questions.

Customer:

Thanks for choosing Just Answer

JACUSTOMER-pj3fqlml- :

no luck still says error B200

Customer:

ok well in that case the printhead seems to be faulty

Customer:

how old is this printer