Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Why would a Canon 650EOS develope some negative in full and

Why would a Canon 650EOS develope some negative in full and only partially process others
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

The EOS 650 was famous for sticky shutter blades. Open the back and lookcarefully at the shutter for a sticky, black, tarlike, substance on the blades. This would be the remains of a rubber shutter blade bumper. I've had to clean hundreds of them. Either by toking the camera completely apart and cleaning the blades one by one, (which is the right way to do it), or by carefully cleaning between the blades with a cotton swab and acetone or a good gradw of alcohol but be very careful not to bend or disengage any of the blades.