Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a MG 5250 printer with a cooo printer error and the

I have a MG 5250 printer with a cooo printer error and the ***** ***** lights flashing. I have waited 24 hours and re started to avail. I have not got a cable to connect the printer to the computer. The printer before this would not print correctly. I did several in depth cleans and re adjusted the print heads in the normal way to no avail. Can you help please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is an internal error with the printer, and I would like you to do the following please
Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).
Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.
Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer. Even a smmall piece of paper on a sensor can cause this
Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.
Power on the printer.
Let me know please if you still get the error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RichieMe. As I have no manual and am not a tecn person, you will have to guide me. I have opened the front cover. Is the front, is the print head lock lever the plastic cover that you pull down and exposes an white arrow that ypu can feed paper into and which lifts some workings ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all.
Yes that is it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Have turned off. Back in five.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

. Still the error with the flashing lights

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the printer head or internal mainboard that has faulted (either of these components can cause this error). We have ruled out all other causes .
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer so a diagnostics can be performed on it and the faulting part replaced. It is a known problem, so it will be covered by the warranty f this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RichieMe.

Have tried it second time and the printer is now running. However it is not printing or scanning although the paper comes through blank and the print head moves.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard thats the issue here.
It has faulted, yet through our steps you got it to accept power. It is just sending power through the printer and the print head (this has a cache ) but as the mainboad is not function, nothing will function. It is going to be the memory on the board that runs the firmware.
Outside of what we already did, there is nothing further that can be done as they are going to have to replace the board. This update though did rule out the printer head as the cause of the problem.
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman