Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon SX50. My Canon SX50 will not turn on fully or get past

Customer Question

Canon SX50. My Canon SX50 will not turn on fully or get past the initial HS Screen. Nor will it switch off correctly, the lens does not contract. Any ideas?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This sounds like the internal mainboard has failed, but just to check it is not residue power, remove the batteries and leave them out minutes so all power drains.
Then turn it on.
Let me know if it then starts please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks possible diagnosis. Unfortunately it still does not get past the "HS" screen so I assume this is a critical failure. Any ideas what the possible cost of repair would be. Appreciate your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its the mainboard thats failed Paul. Repairing this is not an option unless it is under warranty. The reason is the costs outweigh the value of the device so no companies offer these types of repairs sorry. Your going to have to purchase a replacement device.
I am really sorry about this and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else, please let me know, and please remember the service rating.
Thank you Paul.