Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My iP4600 is showing Service Error 6000 and will not print.

My iP4600 is showing Service Error 6000 and will not print. ***** *****ght flashes, I have turned printer off/on a few times without positive result. What can I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I would like you as the first step to please remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes. This will remove any residue power that can cause this.
Once 10 minutes is over, connect the power and tell me if it now printers or if you still have this error please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No improvement

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the next cause is the platen roller isn't advancing properly. It usually means something has fallen in from the back where the paper goes and is stopping the rollers from turning.
Can you check the inside of the printer and make sure that nothing is jammed.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have inspected inside printer, including pushing the 'carriage with inks' to one end and back. On trying print again, much cleaning of ink heads, and now showing Service Error 5200.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, this is the problem all along John, the print head is overheating.
We have ruled out the other causes .
I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the printer to have the print head replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you, but this has to be replaced.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.