Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

CANON SIOO, working fine on video but now failing to fire the

CANON SIOO, working fine on video but now failing to fire the shutter at all iso speeds, please help,thank you
John Sturt.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the Canon and wait 10 minutes.
Put the battery back in John and test id it now can take a photo.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No luck with that suggestion Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John
I want you to reset the camera. To do this, Put fully-charged batteries in the camera; remove the memory card. -Double click the on/off button; he camera will turn on and then off. -Hit the on/off button again.
Then tell me if it now takes photos please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did that but still no luck Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John
It is the internal ,mainboard that has faulted. The component that controls the Shutter
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that the issue continues, confirms this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Camera out of guarantee (of course!) so looks like I'm stuffed, shame as its a bit more pocketable than my G16 which is a fine camera. thankyou anyway.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You are sorry as its not worth repairing John.
I'm sorry about this.
If you need anything else, please let me know.
And if you can please rate my service, that would be appreciated.