Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have an iP4200 printer and it has just printed the first

I have an iP4200 printer and it has just printed the first line then the orange light started flashing. I have tried turning it off and back on, even unplugging it, but it's still flashing and refusing to print
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It was not clear if you did this so I want to be sure, but when you unplugged it, leave it unplugged minutes from the power and then plug it back in.
Then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, made no difference

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem. It is going to be flashing a pattern eg: a repeat of 2 flashes
Can you tell me the pattern please Stuart
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does six flashes where the orange comes on and green goes off six times, a very short break then six more

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that means you have to close the Inner Cover and press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
Can you do this please and tell me if it then functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have closed all covers I can find and pressed the button (orange flashing one) No difference. It is now doing twenty orange/green flashes before pausing. Pressing orange flashing button doesn't stop it flashing even when pressed and held

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Stuart, it confirms the problem
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted and it is giving false error reports.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the board replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks. The printer is old and has done very well, I suppose something had to go wrong eventually. I'll get a costing repair and decide what to do.

Thanks again

Stuart

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The repair will far outweigh its value Stuart, especially when you take into account a very short warranty on the repair.
I would strongly advise to purchase a new one.
If you need anything else, please let me know, and if you can please rate my service, that would be very appreciated.