Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon ix7000. reason black and grey images are printed

Customer Question

Canon ix7000. reason black and grey images are printed looking blue/grey. Print is pure black but images, such as drawings, particularly if they are not pure black, come out with a blue tint. Is there some way of setting this to obtain pure black?
I can send a sample if you wish.
Thank you, Donald
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is not a setting causing this Donald, but an issue with the printer.
First, the most likely cause is the ink cartridges. Can you put new ink in the printer and check if is still has the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The ink cartridges, particularly the black, have been changed many times, but the problem persists

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Donald
Are you using a windows or Mac computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use a Mac. My iMac desktop is connected by cable while my MacBook Pro uses wireless. Both produce the same problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I want you to clean the Nozzles of the printer by doing clicking my link below and following the process to do a complete clean
click me to view
This will ensure that nothing is impacting on the nozzles which can cause this problem.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Let me know the results please
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 4 6 2 5 8 1 0 8 5

Pass 9 5 4 3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you