Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Have put new scandisk 4gb card in my PowerShot A530. Keep getting

Customer Question

Have put new scandisk 4gb card in my PowerShot A530. Keep getting message 'Memory card locked'. Cannot use camera
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Remove the card from the camera and look at the side of it. There should be a tiny switch there. Move that switch to the unlock side. If it is already there move it back and forth a few times. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, no effect. Display now says - 'Memory Card Error - Card Locked'.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is the only lock these cards have, do you have another card you can test with? That would tell us if the card is defective.
.