Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I dropped my camera screen face down last night turns on fine

Customer Question

I dropped my camera screen face down last night
turns on fine but noticed menu button was wedged in managed to get it out butscreen is blank and wont show anything!
no cracks on screen
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
, thank you JustAnswer.com. . I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Dropping a camera usually result in damage, if not immediately, then later on owing to weakening of circuits or other fine parts with the shock.

If the screen is blank, you have a problem that is severe. The best you can try is:

removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf . Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

After that, it is a choice between having the camera repaired, or replacing it. What options you have there depends upon what brand of camera you have. Let me know and I will advise you further. Thanks.