Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon 5450 has recently started to feed a second sheet of

My Canon 5450 has recently started to feed a second sheet of A4 photo paper near the end of the print causing part of the image to print on the second sheet. I have carried out cleaning recommendations in manual to no avail. I use 170gsm paper pictures.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which cleaning procedures you have already done please. Did you clean the rollers in the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cleaned rollers and cassette.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Keith
Just to be sure nothing is up with the paper, have you tried a different batch of paper?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes,

with a new box of paper it runs OK while and then starts to play up after about 5 pictures. I also used some thicker paper without trouble. I do buy a lot of paper at one time in boxes of 20 from Wilko. The problem has only just started to occur.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it is either the rollers are sticking to the paper (and if you cleaned these then they would need to be replaced) or the paper is sticking.
Try to fan the paper really well (flick the edges against your hand on both sides to make sure none of them are sticking) then try printing.
Let me know the results please