Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Just found that when I try to remove my Canon 200-400(f4 +1.4

Just found that when I try to remove my Canon 200-400(f4 +1.4 converter)lens from my Canon Ds111 body, the release button on the camera body isn't releasing the lens! Any ideas please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Looks like the lever that connects to the button to push out the lens may have broken.
First, have you tried to push in the release button as far as it will go down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes..tried that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you wont break it but try to apply a little force when twisting Phil. Push the button in as far ass you possibly can and try to twist it off. Go about half strength.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried..Not budging at all!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then the buttons lever has broken, and its going to be dismantled to get it to release.
You are going to have to return the camera for this to be done. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and will be done at know cost to you. But it needs a complete dismantle to manually push out the lens.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.