Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a new canon printer. copy and print work but when i

Customer Question

I have a new canon printer. copy and print work but when i try to scan it says "connect to computer" I'm lost!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the printer and how you connected it to the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the printer is a Canon FM48944 and i am connected wirelessly

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Victoria
Thats not actually a model number, but we can move forward and if I need it i'll get you to check for it.
After you installed the printer on the computer, the scanning program will also have been installed.
To scan, you need to run this program. Run it on your computer, then perform a scan and the scan is put by default, into your pictures folder.
Can you do this please and let me know the results.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

514 309 524

4079

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you