Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon ixus 7o . Zoom lens is permanently open and when I switch

Canon ixus 7o . Zoom lens is permanently open and when I switch on camera I get message" camera lens error, restart camera". I have switched of, removed battery without success, can you help please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you switched on the camera, does the lens move at all? Any attempt to retract it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no movement at all

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, with it on, gently push the edge around the lens to try to get it back in. This can overcome any jam in the gearing it has encountered.
Let me know the results please Pat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No success from pressing on lens

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the driver for the lens that has faulted. It has burnt out (its a small electric motor)
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. They don't repair this as it is cost inhibited. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But it needs to be replaced sorry.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.