Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

how to set up a pixma printer mg3250

Customer Question

how to set up a pixma printer mg3250
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Start here:

Do not connect the printer to the computer yet. That can interfere with the install going properly, sometimes.

Then determine the following:

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)

With that information (your operating system on your computer), go to this page:

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG3250.aspx

and select your operating system (that is on your computer) on that page, then select a language (English presumably).

You will see a selection of drivers to install. First, get the main driver - if you have a Windows PC, it will be the
MG3200 Series Mini Master Setup.
If you have an Apple computer, it will be the
MG3200 Series CUPS Driver
and a Scanner Driver also.

For a Windows PC, download the Mini Master Setup for the driver, save it to disk, then when the download is done, locate the downloaded file, double-click on it, and do the install.

For an Apple, download the CUPS driver, save it to disk, and if it does not auto-start after that, locate it when the download is complete, double-click on it, and it will auto-mount as a disk-type device and start a install program.

After the main driver install(s), you may get other software for the printer from the page, and install it also.

If this completely answers your question, please rate my Answer - favorably I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck with the printer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a androd tablet
Well, that was unexpected, I admit; My answer did not provide for that sort of device.

I think you need this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.canon.android.printservice.plugin&hl=en

which needs to be activated after installation.... see the instructions lower down on that page. And it is compatible with your printer model.

Then there's the simpler Easy Photo-Print for Canon :

http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/html/android/