RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have just purchased a cannon D7 camera. Ian having problems

I have just purchased a cannon D7 camera. Ian having problems with the card. The message says cannot access card. reinsert or change card Format card. I have changed the card 3 times without success. The camera will not allow me to format card. What should I do next
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

Check inside the memory card slot with a flashlight and a magnifier (if necessary) to see if any pins are bent or missing. A missing pin will keep the camera from reading the card. It is quite possible that someone put the card in backwards before you purchased it, damaging the pins. If there are no damaged pins, then the card reader is defective.

Since you have tried multiple cards, a bad card has been eliminated as the cause. If the camera is new, return it immediately for an exchange or refund. If this option is unavailable contact Canon at the link below.

https://newsletter.canon-europe.com/Web/Locale/en-GB/signin.aspx?origin=http%3a%2f%2fnewsletter.canon-europe.com%3a81%2fweb%2flocale%2fen-GB%2fupdateyourdetails.aspx%3frl%3den-gb%26rp%3d%2fyouconnect_newsletter%2f

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert
Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is
complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.