Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Have Canon scanner model N670U used with microsoft and now

Have Canon scanner model N670U used with microsoft and now wish to use with Apple Mac OS X. I understand cable 7.0.1.1 is required. Where can I buy it on the internet? Thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You still have the cable for the Scanner that you used with the Microsoft computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have the old cable.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thats a USB cable Ronald, and works on you Mac computer.
It is a different Driver (software) that you need.
You can download and install this from my link below
Click me to open
Then you run the program which installs the driver and allows you to use the scanner. The cable you have plugs into the MAC computers USB port, you just need the correct driver which you get via my link.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is it going to cost me if you operate the link?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If I do it all for you it is $39 Ronald, else you can undertake my instructions yourself at no additional charge and I help you here with any problems you have at all.
Either option is no problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got as far as Quick support and clicked on download but did not seem to get any further. I am not the brightest on these machines and do not seem to get the response that younger people get. Over 80 years old!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok Ronald!
When you clicked download, it started to download the file that you have to run.
So now, click on the Down Arrow in the top right and then double click the file.
This runs it and you can then give me the ID and Password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have to close for an hour or so and will be back!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Ronald, there is no time limit on me helping you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Finally got there

5 7 0 8 7 1 3 0 2

Password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We seem to have crossed lines as you tried to set up my scanner to the Apple Mac and came back to me to say that the old scanner was not compatible with the newest Apple. I thanked you and we closed down.