Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have an MG 4250 and using windows 8 (with shell) on laptop.

Customer Question

I have an MG 4250 and using windows 8 (with shell) on laptop. I have recently had to reinstall the print drivers and now I am unable to scan (I can print). When I press the scan button I get the message set pc to start scanning. Please can you advise?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you open the program IJ Scan Utility. Then click Scan from within this.
Are you able to scan?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid that by the time I got an answer I had already found and waded my way through the online manual and found the answer myself. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that, I answered as soon as it arrived here. I am sorry if there was a delay. The reason was you personally requested an expert that was not online.
Its the utility you use and I just wanted to first ensure that this was installed on your computer and this is one of the most common causes for this.
Is there anything else that I could help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not your fault. I didn't realise I had personally requested a specfic expert! I found the utility. Previously I have been able to scan directly from the printer and send to my laptop but once the drivers were reinstalled that facility disappeared. I did try to reconnect and certainly the laptop thought it was connected .... the printer did not! Still all sorted now. Thanks.

Do you know if I am able to reclaim my £13?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes you can request a refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Thanks!