Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

After two years perfect service, my Canon MV930 suddenly will

After two years perfect service, my Canon MV930 suddenly will not accept a cassette. When I open the cassette compartment cover, the cassette holder automatically comes out and opens up as usual but when I put the cassette in and close it, it simply ejects. Every time. And with any cassette I put in.
All other functions are working normally, but it will not accept a cassette!
It's baffling.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you try to put in a cassette, are you getting a specific message on the screen?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard. Yes, the message reads: "remove the cassette".

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you hold it in there, does it then record onto it? Or it errors and still tries to eject it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still tries to eject the cassette. (I can close it, but it wont move back into the camera....just squeals and ejects!)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the gearing that has failed, and will be the motor driving it. It works but not under load, and the default is to always eject the cassette so it does not get stuck.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return it to have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the repair will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.