Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

I have a canon eos 1100 D camera and lately when I have downloaded

I have a canon eos 1100 D camera and lately when I have downloaded the images to my computer there seems to be alot of the images that are not on the Sd card. I know that I have not deleted them and I notice that there are no gaps in the number sequencing on the card either.
Any idea what the issue is?
Baz
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean lots of images are missing on the computer after downloading? Or do you mean lots of images are missing on the camera's sd card?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

With camera and/or sd card inserted to the computer, then open the device or drive letter on the computer, then open the DCIM folder and/or any subfolder, do you see all your images there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lots of images on the cameras SD card are missing, when the card is inserted in the computer all of the images are not there.

Hope that helps

Unplug the camera from the computer, then insert the SD card to the camera, then view your photos on the camera, are all your images still there? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that and the images are not on the SD card

Let's do this: Take a few new pictures, then transfer to them to computer, then does any get missing? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using windows 7.

No images go missing, however due to my job I often take 150 + images at any one time.

The problem has only occurred once, however I have noticed that in the past, it wont let me open the image as it says that the file is either to big, corrupt or damaged.

Maybe the SD card is corrupted. Can you format it from the camera menu, then check? If needed, try with another SD card. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have formatted the SD card and have taken lots of new images and none appear to be missing

Maybe it is an intermittent issue with the SD card.

Can there be anything wrong with the camera?

thanks

Usually, the issue is with the SD memory card. If needed, view some photos on the camera before inserting to computer for transferring. If needed, please test with another SD memory card. Thank you.