Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have just bought a Canon MG5650 printer. I have installed

Customer Question

I have just bought a Canon MG5650 printer. I have installed it successfully. It does not print and the message says Printer not responding. What can I do now?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check, have you restarted the computer after you installed it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, please restart the computer, then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I restarted my computer but the printer still does not work

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
did you connect the printer via wireless or via a network cable?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a wireless printer. (I have used one before.)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Remove the power from your wireless router and printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes
Then power on the printer, restart your computer and tell me if it now printers please.
Let me know the results please