Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Cannon ip2600. It will not print

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to print?
Are you getting a specific error message? If so, can you please tell me this message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using a black cartridge only as I have no use for colour. The cartridge is a Cannon PG-40. Each time I try to print the orange light flashes and nothing happens

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The orange light will flash a certain number then stop, can you tell me please how many times it flashes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm getting five orange flashes to one green flash

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes
Then connect the power and turn it on and tell me please if it now prints.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Give me a few mins please

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'M GETTING EXACTLY THER SAME AS BEFORE. pLENTY OF NOISE BUT IT THEN STOPS AND AS BEFORE FIVE ORANGE FLASHES TO ONE GREEN

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'M GETTING EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i HAVE AN ERROR MESSAGE WHICH SAYS THE CARTRIDGE IS NOT RECONISED BUT IT'S THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS ONE

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If is either the print head or the cartridge that has faulted.
If you put in a different cartridge, do you get the same error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the error
It is the print head that has faulted in the printer.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had this printer for quite some time so I doubt if the warrentee is valid. Can you tell me how much this will cost and where I should send it? Would there be a service for this in my area, which is South East Kent?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If its out of warranty, its not worth the repair, the costs exceed a new printer which you can get for 50 pounds now days.
Any computer store can organise a repair, but I would avoid this and purchase a new one, just because a) its cheaper and b) you get a warranty as opposed to when it is repaired (which only gives a short warranty)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's very helpful. Will I be able to purchase the same printer as I have at the moment - that is the Cannon iP 2600

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, it is not made anymore, but I would recommend the Canon PIXMA iP7250 It is very similar but a later model
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Was the £20 I put on my card for the advice which you've given me?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is correct, it paid for my service.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Yes, I'll be happy to rate your service. How do I do it\?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will now see either Smiley Faces or Stars, please click one of these then Submit
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman