michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

reason my Pixma MG8250 will not print wirelessly now.

For some reason my Pixma MG8250 will not print wirelessly now. It used to work before when I switched it off and then on again but that has stopped working I just get a 'printer is offline' notification
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

michelleclive :

1. Unplug the routers power cable and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.

2. unplug the printer power as well and let it sit.

3. Connect the routers power back and let it turn on and bootup

wait for 3 mins to get the router booted up and be stable

now turn the pc/computer on and let the computer connect to the wireless and verify the pc is connected to the internet using wireless service.

4. Now turn the printer power on and let it boot as well.

Now try to print and tell me if it prints or not.

Customer:

Hi Michelle,

Customer:

Did all that, still the same result.

Customer:

BTW when I switched back on I entered my response into the box that was there and it charged me again :(

michelleclive :

i have marked taht question as duplicate

michelleclive :

that has been closed..dont worry

Customer:

thanks

michelleclive :

right click on printer icon and set it to online

michelleclive :

once that is done try a print

michelleclive :

let me know once done

Customer:

control panel - hardware and sound - devices and printers has printer icon but there is no option to set it to 'online'

michelleclive :

right click on the icon and from the menu that ops up..let me know if it shows as online or offline

Customer:

There is no mention of online-ness or otherwise. There is a big green tick on the icon but that could just be because it is the default printer

michelleclive :

ok no problems

michelleclive :

do you have windows or macos on your computer

Customer:

Windows....just doubleclicked on the icon instead and there is something in there that says it is in fact offline

michelleclive :

ok...would it be fine if i remote access and fix the printer settings for you

Customer:

sure

michelleclive :

i will give you the remote link in a moment

michelleclive :

click here

michelleclive :

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.

2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.

3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.

4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.

michelleclive :

let me know once you are connected

Customer:

okay. It will have to wait 20 minutes or so as I have to collect a 6 year old from school round the corner. Hope this is okay?

michelleclive :

ok no problems

michelleclive :

just reply to me once you are back

michelleclive :

i will give you a new link for remote session

Customer:

Hi Michelle, I'm back

michelleclive :

click on the above link

michelleclive : Join Your Remote Desktop Session

How Remote Desktop Works

michelleclive :

issue resolved via remote access

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face below to complete the rating for my service

michelleclive, Other
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.