Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I had a sheet of paper jammed in printer. I followed the instructions

I had a sheet of paper jammed in printer. I followed the instructions and removed the paper from front and back of printer but it still shows Printer Error
The printer is a Canon Pixma MG4250
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The printer error, is it still for a printer jam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes printner error is still showing in the little window on RHS of priner with advice what to do which I have done¬¬

Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian
There is likely to be a very small piece of paper still stuck somewhere in the printer as even a very small piece will trip the sensor.
Can you check very closely for this please, even try to feed a piece of card through it to bring it out.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You.

Had another look and found no paper fragments front or back

However when I turned the printer over again so it was upright the fault, presumably in the sensor seems to have corrected itself.

I have just printed out a doc. successfully.

Thank You for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It can be a very very small piece that can set off the sensor and turning it upside down may have dislodged it. Or it as you said, may have budged the sensor.
Good it is functioning again Brian.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.