Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Until a fortnight ago I was running a Canon MP610 Series printer

Until a fortnight ago I was running a Canon MP610 Series printer with my iMac (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2). I had to disconnect them for a fortnight. Now the computer wont recognise the printer. It says 'software for this printer isnt available from Apple. Contact the printers manuf for latest software'. Please can you help a silver surfer as I am very frustrated and have tried all the obvious things like plugging it in again. Power is getting through.
Thank you. Sue
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It appears you had the wrong driver installed Sue, and whilst it was working, when it went to reinsitalize the printer, it faulted.
Its not problem, just download and install the Yosemite drivers which you can get from my link below
Click me to work
Once done, it should again function
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I clicked the link you provided and it came up with the message "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The Driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver" so I am no further forward!

Sue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am looking at the driver as we speak.
Click on the dropdown box on the link for operating system and you will see Yosemite in the list.
It is under Windows 95
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I got Yosemite under Windows 95. Then if you go to Drivers below you get the message I typed in my last reply. ...... Sue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, strange, but if you choose Mountain Lion, do you then see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, its there for Mountain Lion but not for Yosemite .........

Sue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you will have to install the drivers for Mountain Lion, they have removed the latter drivers I see (likely due to a bug).
Download and install them and tell me if the printer will function with these drivers please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have installed the drivers and printed out a document successfully. Thank you for your help. I think we have solved it though I am not quite sure how I was put through to a camera repairman!

Thank you RichieMe

Sue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok, I also do printers :)
It is ok if it now prints, we just had to put the driver back
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman