Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

i have a .problem trying to replace new cartridge in machine.the

i have a .problem trying to replace new cartridge in machine.the belt is not bringing existing cartridges into view,they are stuck on right hand side
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a problem with the drive motor, they dont cover it in the manual for some reason.
It may just be jammed. Use a bit of force and try to move it across to the left, while it is on.
Does this get it moving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that seems to have done it, i was scared to force it.now i can;t find new cartridge anywhere!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok, it just got jammed (can happen), it will be alright now Trish.
Think of the last place you would look for the cartridge and that's probably where you left it (works for me!)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes found it just going to try if it will print if there is something wrong with belt

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is not recognising either of the cartridges, there seems to be a loose piece of tape either side of where cartridges are installed.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you mean a loose piece of tape on the cartridge itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it has a small metal attachment at the end , would it be off the drive belt thingy?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats the ribbon for controlling it, does it look snapped at the end?
I think this has broken which explains the initial problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yep, looks like a piece has come off one end, thats why i didnt want to force it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Forcing it does not do anything with the Ribbon as it moves with the head.
It was already broken Trish, this is why the print head would not move in the first place. This ribbon needs to be replaced.
You are going to have to return the printer to have this done. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.