Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

I have A Fuji Fine Pix s5000 but since I moved to Wndows 7

I have A Fuji Fine Pix s5000 but since I moved to Wndows 7 I cannot download the Digital camera to my computer. I installed FiePix viewer but it stalls at the Folder stage stating that it cannot recognise the Hdim100 fuji folder. Can you help, please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you install using the CD disk or download?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Viet, Thanks for responding and I apologise for the delay in contacting you. When I purchased my Windows 7 I lost all my ability to download my digital images. I downloaded FinePix Viewer. When I try to download from my camera the images appear but the automatic save refers me to a folder HDIM 100 FUJI which is on my PC but then rejects the save as the system cannot recognise the folder.

You're welcome. Does it let you change the folder / location path? And/or check all the options/settings in the FinePix Viewer program.

Have you tried to download / install the MyFinePix Studio program, and see if it works:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/myfinepix_studio/download.html

And / or please try this: with the camera powered on and connected to the computer, click on Start, then click on Computer, then open the camera device there (or camera drive letter), then open the folder DCIM, and/or any subfolder, then transfer the photo files there.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot digital cameras.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet,

The program does not allow me to change the folder/location path. The settings should be OK.

I tried your link and downloaded the MyFinePix Studio program. However the same problem occurs that although it downloads I cannot view to save or do anything with the pictures. I have also tried your second suggestion but have not been able to activate.

Perhaps I should mention that when connected to the Studio instead of camera it reads Romevable Drive Fujifilm USB - Drive Unit USB Device (H). As this is the Camera connection I guess it means the same.

Now stumped! John

Sorry, if you click on a Start, then click on Computer, then open the drive letter H:, then do you see any folder there? Is the folder called DCIM there? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that, Viet. Have Windows (C) LOcal Disk (Q) and DVD RW Drive (D) but no (H). John

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Viet, I may have misunderstood your last piece of advice. I connected my camera and have the (H) but when I try to open the (H) the response is unable to open due to I/O device error.

Sorry, it is strange. Are you still able to view all the photos on the camera's screen?
Do you have another camera USB cable?
Do you another memory card?
If you have another computer, does the camera work on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet,

Yes, I can view the photos on the camera's screen. Don't have another USB cable. Have other memory cards but blank. Can take a few photos and try. No other computer. Have used current card at Boots to download onto disk.

Is it worth deleting the shortcut for (H) DCIM 100 FUJI? Is there a link to replace? John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Viet,

I now have the Save image screen going right through to the sub screen which state that when completion message appears remove camera. Then at the 1 sec countdown a message appears that an error occurred while removing item. It looks as though we are nearly there or am I just fooling myself?

Happy to rate you but obviously not as highly if problem had been resolved. Will delay until you respond. John

Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
You can change the driver letter H, but it's complicated, and it won't help.

Does it work with another memory card?

Do this again (for each memory card as needed): click on Start, then click on Computer, then open the driver letter H:, does it let you?

Is this a laptop or desktop? Can you try on another USB port on the computer (if it's a desktop, try connecting the camera USB to a USB port at the back of the computer)?

Does a USB drive, such as USB flash drive or USB external hard drive work on this computer?

Please let me know. Thank you.