Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon MG6150 printer. All was well but now I cannot

I have a canon MG6150 printer. All was well but now I cannot get MAGENTA to print. I have replaced the cartridge and checked the printer maintenance proceedures. This tells me all is ok but I still do not get any colour magenta when I print. Even just 'copy' doesn't get me a magenta. The other colours are ok.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It appears the Magenta print head is blocked.
Can you do a deep printhead clean please by following the instructions on my link below
Click me to view
Once done, tell me if Magenta no prints.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Richard,

After sending this question in I realised that I have already asked for help with the same problem(Dec 2013). You suggested alcohol and water - one for the contacts and one for me- and it worked! So I did the same again this morning and all is well again. Do you have any expert replies for geriatric failing memory? Many thanks, Rosemary