Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon A1300 Camera - efrror message memory Card error. Can

Canon A1300 Camera - efrror message memory Card error. Can I fix this or does it need to go for repair?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Remove the memory card. Look into the slot it fits into... any sign of bent pins, or dirt etc.?

Blow out the slot if there is loose dirt, dust, or debris. If the contacts are bent or broken off that means sending it out for repair, yes.

Test the memory card in a computer's card reader, compatible with that memory card type (don't force it into an incompatible slot, of course.)

IF the memory card doesn't read in a computer, then the card is at fault; try another card in that case.

That's about it - assuming that you are not using an SDHC or SDXC in an older-smaller-SD-card-only slot.

Let me know if there's any aspect of this problem that I have not dealt with.

If this answers your question, please rate my Answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck with the problem, however it goes.