Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My canon sx700hs has developed a black spot on images. The

My canon sx700hs has developed a black spot on images. The spot blurs as I zoom and in and out, but is in a consistent position and is marring all my photos. The camera is less than a year old and has been brilliant as I travel. How do I fix it quickly as I travel around New Zealand? It is marring all my holiday pics.
Paul
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First Paul, if you check the lens closely, are you seeing any scratches?
And how did you clean the lens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard, when I look closely at the lens I can see lots of specs (like dust), but they appear to be inside and under the lens itself. I can also see tiny scratches.
I cleaned the lens using a make of lens wipe I use on my glasses, but with barely any pressure.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, its some of this Dust thats the issue Paul
If its consistently in the same place, this is the problem.
Your going to need to use some air compression to try to blow the dust out, and see if you can get it cleaned. You can use a can of compressed air for this, and try to force out the dust if you cannot get to it when cleaning it yourself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a can of compressed air at home in England for keyboards etc. If I look to purchase some her in New Zealand, is there any do's and don'ts for using it on the camera? Or is it simply a case of aiming it into the lens and pressing the trigger? Would it make a difference if I zoomed the lens in and ut as I blew the comressed air at the camera for instance?
Pau
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would zoom the lens out Paul and then try to spray in every nook and cranny t dislodge the dust.
From a can the pressure is not enough to cause any damage so you will be ok there. You just need to get at least the larger chunks of dust out.