Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Digital media expert, Computer program and operating system expert
63817454

I have downloaded raw files from a Canon 5D mk111 on to

Customer Question

Hi I have downloaded raw files from a Canon 5D mk111 on to my Mac but photoshop CS5 will not let me open them what do I do
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Rusty :

Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way.

This happens when using newer camera with older software. Updates happen all the time for software. I'm going to have you update your Adobe Camera Raw Plugin.

Rusty :

Run this: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

That will make sure you have the latest version of the plugin, and you should be able to open your raw files. Let me know if it gives you any problems.