RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S4500 which as stopped taking pictures.

Customer Question

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S4500 which as stopped taking pictures. All the functions seem to be working, it just doesn't take photos. I'm sure it's something I have done, and I've tried undoing whatever it was, and failed. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks, Pat
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

To set a good reference point reset the camera to the default settings.

Press the Menu button
Im the left hand column select Setup (the wrench icon)
Once selected, Arrow Right once
Arrow Down to Reset
Arrow Right once
Press Menu/OK
Select Yes and press Menu/OK
Allow the process to complete

Please let me know the result.

Next, the one thing that even experienced photographers miss is that a single small spot or smudge on the lens can cause the problem that you are having. Carefully clean the lens again and look for any scratches. Depending on the environment that you are shooting in, a haze can build up on the lens and cause incorrect readings and the shutter will not release until accurate focus has been achieved.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert
Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is
complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.