Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

The batteries have leaked in the compartment of my Canon image

The batteries have leaked in the compartment of my Canon image stabilised binoculars . What is the best method of cleaning out the white residue ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
This depends on the batteries you use. What kind were they? They should say on them alkaline for example.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They were alkaline Duracell .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Duracell Alkaline
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok you would want to use vinegar or lemon juice then on a cotton swab or if that does not work use an old toothbrush you are ok with throwing away after. Then after that dries clean it again with a cotton swab and a tiny bit of warm water. Let it dry and then after that you can test. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.