Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Date: 02/04/2015 Service Request:1-4200708347 Dear Customer,

Date: 02/04/2015
Service Request:1-4200708347
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Canon.
Your Service Request has been registered in our system under reference number: 1-4200708347.
Your Service Request details are:
Name: Stewart Ballantyne
E-mail: *****@******.***
Telephone: +01939260237
Product: i-SENSYS MF8180C
Summary: I have been given this printer by a neighbour. It belonged to her husband and he has since died. The lady in question couldn't find a disc, and therefore I have been unable to install the machine. I also do not know where to locate the serial number
One of our customer service advisors will contact you within the next 1 to 2 business days.
Yours sincerely, *****
I have downloaded the driver from the canon website but it hasn't installed
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happened when you tried to install the driver, what error did you receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It had another window which partly masked the first window and asked if I wanted to overwrite when I did this both windows disappeared. What I can't seem to do is to find the install part

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me which version of windows you are running please Stewart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 7 ultimate x64bit

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To be sure Stewart, please go to my link below and redownload the correct driver
Click me to view
Then run the installation and tell me if the printer now installs.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please do this remotely for me! I have not got the printer plugged in

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, plug the printer in first.
Then do the following so I can connect
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 2 7 6 1 5 7 8 5 4

pass 5 3 4 0

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connected
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry still can't get it to print

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Can you run Teamviewer again and give me the password ***** connect please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

id 276 157 854

pass 5340

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to actually run the program again Stewart and it will give you a new password ***** give to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same id 276 157 854

pass 5952

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks