Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Canon5dii Back screen won't go in and the shutter release

Canon5dii
Back screen won't go in and the shutter release button ain't working . Can't take any shifts at all
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

I'm afraid it's bad news. If the LCD won't come on at all, the camera is going to need professional attention. It's an electronic problem and require trouble shooting to find and fix the problem. Below is a link to a directory of repair shops, one of which should be in your area and able to help you.

http://www.acecam.com/uk-camera-repair.html

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does that mean , circuit board needing replaced or why could this happen ?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
The problem is electronic in nature. It will require a camera technician with trouble shooting experience to find and correct the problem. Sometimes it requires repkacing a circuit board which will require reprogramming with Canon specific software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What sort of costs can I expect ?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Repair costs will vary from shop to shop and are usually most expensivewhen done by the factory. Unfortunately, the nature of the problem is going to require inspection in person to diagnose the cost of the repair but I would expect 200 to 300 pounds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what does the
Robles sound like to you as I havnt realy got an answer from you yet .
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the Robles" is, but your camera has electronic issues and needs troubleshooting to identify the problem to repair.I've answered your questions as best I can without actually doing the troubleshooting myself. I would need to see the camera to do this. Unless you are an experienced camera repairman, it will require servicing by a qualified technician. I've provided you with a list of repair stations in the U.K. One of them should be able to help you or I can provide you with a link to the Canon facility directly.