Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

colour photographs lacking red colour. Printed nozzle check

colour photographs lacking red colour. Printed nozzle check pattern and no colour on bars M and m. Canon Pixma MP140. Unable to locate serial number label inside machine.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you using a windows or Mac computer and which version?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon Pixma 140 is a printer And not a digital camera. If you are unable to help me cancel transaction.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I know its a printer, never said it was a camera, asked you if your using a windows or mac computer and which version.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Using windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Click start, devices and printers.
Right click on your printer and select printer properties.
Click on print test page and tell me if you see red appearing there and if so if the colour is a solid red please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

printer test page completely black and white except windows symbol which is yellow green and blue only

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried replacing the cartridges to rule this out as the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ink replaced on 27th March. printed photos successfully. Two days later problem occurred.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** then be one of two things as it is not software related
Either the ink cartridge has failed or the printer head.
I would start with replacing the ink cartridges, if you can put the old ones back in and even if you get light red printing, at least you then know it was faulty cartridges.
If after replacing the cartridges you still have the problem, then you know its the print head that has failed and this will need to be replaced.
This will be covered by the warranty though if this has not expired so you can have it replaced under this.
But after doing this process you will know which is causing this and needs replacement
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Took out old cartridges and put them back in but problem is still ongoing. Do you think it is worth trying new ink cartridges ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, as they would have worked there, even lightly printing red.
You need to have the print head replaced under warranty Brian.
If the warranty has expired, in my experience, you are better off replacing the entire printer and purchasing a print head with the limited warranty is not much cheaper then purchasing a replacement printer.