Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon Powershot A460 When I take a picture which looks good

Canon Powershot A460
When I take a picture which looks good to start with, it is dazzled by bright light even though it is not pointing towards a strong light.
Help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to try a factory settings reset, and make sure you are in Auto Mode (where the exposure will be automatically adjusted for a good-enough picture.)
If the dazzle effect or overexposure still happens, then you have a 'broken' camera, in some fashion, and it will need you to make a decision between repairing it and replacing it.

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?