Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma MG3200 printer. I has suddenly returned

I have a Canon Pixma MG3200 printer.
I has suddenly returned the message "Printer not responding".
What do I check? I have re routed the cable (I am connected by USB rather than wifi
Douglas Bentley
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step Douglas, remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then power on the printer and try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I switch the whole system (computer and printer) off for about 2 hours over dinner but no different.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me which version of windows you are using please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I want you to do a system restore please to undo any corruption that has occurred.
Can you close all programs
Click start, and type in
system restore
then press enter
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a restore, choosing a restore date when the printer was last working.
Let this complete and when you have, tell me if it now allows you to print.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been having trouble with my computer and did a system restore only this morning.The printer was working after that, hiccuped half way through a print and refused to work again.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... Douglas, under Already Tried:
You said
Switching everything off and on again. Changing the USB cable.
Please tell me everything you actually have tried so I don't type up all these instructions for no reason please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've switch it all off and on and changed the USB cable.

Still the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you also did a system restore you just told me.
anything else you have tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, plug the printer into a different USB port on the computer and then try to print.
Tell me if it then prints this way please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Afraid not.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you click on Start, Devices and Printers.
Right click on your printer and select printer properties.
Then click on ports tab and tell me which port you have the printer set to please (it has a check on it)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CNBJN Canon BJ Network Port

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thats the wrong port, click on the port that says USB001
Click ok then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Solved.

Thanks very much for your help.

I know where to look next time!!

regards,

Douglas Bentley

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Douglas, was the wrong setting that needed correcting.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman