Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

When i take a picture it coes not load into the camera and

When i take a picture it coes not load into the camera and red light on the side of the camera is on, and the numbering in brackets is flashing. What is wrong with my camera?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the camera please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Canon650D
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Teri
The memory card you changed, are you able to confirm it works in another Camera. This is a lot of times the memory card and I just want to rule out they are not both faulty by coincidence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The memory card works with another camera. In addition the LCD screen has gone orange and no live view picture can be seen
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ah ok thanks Teri, that confirms the issue.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. Its not directing communications with the memory card, the LCD screen and likely a host of other functions.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.