Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

how do I download photos from my camera to my pc

Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Connect the camera to the PC with the supplied cable.

Notice whether the computer reacts with a sound, chime, 'thunk-clunk' tone, or similar reactions. Also something may appear on the screen, probably at the lower right corner.

If your camera software does not open automatically to help you move pictures from camera to computer, you might have to either
A. install the camera software, or
B. move the pictures manually, by more or less the following:

1. connect the camera (if you haven't already).
2. open
Start - Computer
and double-click upon the camera's icon there.
3. that should open a view of what files (pictures and/or video) are on the camera.
4. choose the files you want on the computer, Copy them, navigate to the computer's hard disk e.g. the Pictures (or on older computers, 'My Pictures') folder, choose a place there to put the copies pictures into, or create a folder to put them into, and Paste them into that location or folder.

If you need more data, please mention your Windows version, and your camera's maker and model #, and whether the camera's software has been installed on the computer or not.