Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

The black ink from the black cartridges are not coming through.

The black ink from the black cartridges are not coming through. Initially I had cheap ink cartridges but put in Canon ones and it has made no difference. The printer is MG5450. The other colours seem fine when I tested it out. I have cleaned and cleaned the rollers.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
just to clarify the problem, it prints all colors except black correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, just the black is the problem - both of them.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I want you please to clean the print head
To do it, remove the print head and clean it like explained in this film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8
Once done, make sure it is completely dry, then insert it back into the printer, put the print cartridges in and try to print and check if black now works.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The inside of the cover looks nothing like the film on youtube - there is no lever to lift up for a start. I have MG5450.

Where is your latest answer?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I was trying to find a video for your model to show you how to remove the print head.
This video shows you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXi_V5lTpI
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Richie. I had to abandon the problem as I had a three hour meeting but I have now completed the cleaning process and it has worked.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem and great its working.
It was just dirty and needed a good clean.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.