Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Printer MG5300 reason I cant fathom

Customer Question

I have a Canon Printer MG5300
For some reason I cant fathom out it has suddenly started printing blank pages. Earlier this morning it was working fine.
Have changed the black cartridges - have cleaned nozles as well but still printing blank pages
What can I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and power on the printer and try to print.
Is it still producing blank prints?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks I have switched off at the plug and will wait 10 mins and let you know.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have just tried and it is still giving completely blank pages. It goes through the motions as if it is printing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Chris, it confirms the problem
It is the print head that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. Not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate your confirmation.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can understand, but at least you now know Chris.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please to click one of the smiley faces or stars to rate my service.