michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Canon printer has worked until yesterday, today it says printer

Customer Question

Canon printer has worked until yesterday, today it says printer head is not installed or not compatible with printer. What can I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Please let me know the model# ***** the printer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon Pxma iP4500

Please follow the below steps
remove the cartridge..turn off unit and unplug power cord....manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check
let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, red light still flashing and still get the same message

please let me know the operating system installed on your computer thats connected to the printer..windows or mac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows (Vista)

click start..control panel..printers..right click on printer icon..click on printer preferences...maintenance tab..click on head clean\deep clean option
let me know if it runs a cleaning cycle or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you, ***** *****

great
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem was not solved, could only print one document. It tells me that a print head is not installed or print head is not compatible with printer.

Another message says : press the printer resume button. If it does not clear the error, cancel printing and turn the printer off and then on again.

rred light is flashing below the on/off button.

Also paper roller does not move.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem was not solved, could only print one document. It tells me that print head is not installed or print head is not compatible with printer.

Another message says: press printer resume button. If it does not clear the error, cancel printing and turn the printer off and then on again. But it does not help, red light is flashing below the on/off button.

Also paper roller does not move.

let me know the time you will be available i will be online to help you further.