RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Kodak easyshareC140 I haven't used this camera while

Customer Question

Kodak easyshareC140 I haven't used this camera for a while now it wont switch on batteries are good
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.

First, remove th memory card and try to power the camera up. If successful please let me know, if not, continue below.

To make sure that poor contact is not causing the issue, since you are positive that the batteries start out good. Remove them from the camera and clean the metal battery contacts inside of the battery compartment and on the battery with a q-tip and alcohol. The connection is very critical and a very small amount of residue or dust can inhibit the power transfer. Also, check how well the battery door shuts and if necessary adjust the metal contacts by gently prying them with a small screw driver to increase the tension.

Try a hard reset: Remove the battery, memory card (if installed) and disconnect any usb cables. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds . Allow the camera to sit idle for 30 minutes. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds again. Reinstall the battery without the memory card and try to power on. Please let me know the result.

Note: Considering the age and present value of this camera, paying the cost of having it repaired , approximately $85 - $105 (if parts were avalable) really depends on how attached to the camera you are. The standard "rule of thumb" is if the repair cost is greater than 50% of the value of the camera, it is not worth it. A used or refurbished Easy Share C140 can be purchased for about $22-$35. There are also many newer cameras for around $100 that easily outperform this Kodak unit.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly
dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with
any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't
see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity
and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert
Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is
complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no joy I think you are correct dispose of it and get a new one

Expert:  RUSSTING replied 2 years ago.
Please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.