Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

EOS 70 D I have a canon EOS 70 D and I seem to be

EOS 70 D
I have a canon EOS 70 D and I seem to be finding photos are out of focus more often than not when shooting manually or even semi manually.
Any ideas
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Does the preview or Live View in the 'viewfinder' screen look in-focus before taking a shot?What lens are you using on your 70D? can you try another lens assembly on it, and see if manual focusing works better with another lens assembly mounted on the camera body? if so, the first lens would seem to be at fault, though having it able to Auto-Focus adequately would seem rather strange.How is your eyesight? if you have astigmatism and are not wearing corrective glasses when doing manual focusing, your eyesight might be the cause of the problem... try wearing your glasses when doing manual focusing, if so. How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?