Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a HP Envy 4500 printer which I purchased last October.

I have a HP Envy 4500 printer which I purchased last October. I work from home and print around 200 pages per month, usually scripts which have 5 - 7 pages. At present on some not all set of pages it is refusing to print the last page or does have before an error report comes up in the right hand corner. As it is printing the cover page last this is very frustrating. I have to send on to my partner to print the whole copy again. Also on the next to last print I have lots of dark lines over the words in part. Please help! Many thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the exact error message that appears when it stops printing please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

An error printing HP Envy 500 sorry cannot catch the rest before it goes. printer screen returns to copy, scan, wireless direct et.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the fact it does not shut down is a concern.
Remove the power cable and wait 10 minutes Jennifer.
Then connect the power and check if you still have the problem
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will leave for 10 thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jennifer.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No difference at all. The 2nd page printed out of 7 still has grid lines at the top. The last page (7) which is actually the cover page will not print.

Comes up with Error HP Envy 4500 could not print Microsoft word Yvonne Turner (cilents name).

Printer screen says 'cancelling' then back to normal.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And if you press the power button, does it turn off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has this time.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You say you send to your partner to print the rest, does that mean they can print no problems to this same printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure what his printer is and cannot check at the moment. He has printed two copies of the front cover that I need. I had sent a copy of the script to my client which they were able to open. When I realised that I could not print this page I sent it also to my partner who printed it off for me. I will try to contact him.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, I mean he is not using this actual printer that has the problem correct?
The printer we are trying to fix.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no his printer at his house

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Are you printing to it via Wireless or via a USB cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wireless

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you remove the power to the wireless router and wait 5 minutes,
Then connect the power to your wireless router and restart the computer.
Then test and tell me if you can now print correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have time to do anything now as I have an appointment to keep. This is not possible until early evening.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I have marked this question to not close so you can return tonight and do this and if you still have a problem, then you can let me know here. This is no problem Jennifer.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you I will try this evening and inform you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.