Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

NIKON 1 V1 puchased 01/04/ 2012 whilst downloading some photos

NIKON 1 V1
puchased 01/04/ 2012
whilst downloading some photos from a memory stick to my computer an error message appeared on the display-it said: "An error has occurred. Press the shutter release button again." When I PRESS THE SHUTTER RELEASE BUTTON there is a short whirring sound like the shutter release button is working but then the error message appears with the same instruction to press the shutter release button again. this keeps on repeating and the camera does not go into operational mode!!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery and wait 10 minutes.
Then put the battery back in, turn on the camera and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok have removed battery for 10 mins.will be done at 11.44am

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Stephen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

same error code

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Stephen
It is either the driver motor or mainboard that has faulted (hardware fault).
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty (if this has not expired), and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

camera 3 years old so warranty has expired. do you have a telephone number for NIKON at their headquarters in Kingston London please so that i can ring them up.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can call 0330(###) ###-####to organise a repair Stephen but get a price first as the cost can generally exceed the value of the camera, also considering the limited warranty you will receive.