Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

I have a canon powershot a470 when I download pictures to picasa

I have a canon powershot a470 when I download pictures to picasa it ask do I want to delete all pictures when I say yes it prompts me that there are other pictures not yet downloaded. I had a problem over the new year where I lost pictures from the camera when I had not pressed delete at any point
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Let's say if you take some new pictures right now, then download pictures to Picasa, then when it asks you to delete all pictures, then select No, then do all the current pictures still stay on the camera?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have windows 7 all pictures remain on camera
So that means it is okay now, i.e., you are able to download new pictures to the computer and the pictures still stay on the camera, then you can delete pictures on the camera any time you want?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but when i download next time it will still say when i press delete all pictures that there are other files on there
When you download next time, can you not press Delete? You can just delete on the camera's screen, or not deleting in Picasa, but click on Start, then click on Computer, then open the camera device there, then open the DCIM folder and any subfolder and delete any picture you want there. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your help all okay now ThankYou
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience