Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a FinePix F10 camera with FinePix viewer v.5.0 which

Customer Question

I have a FinePix F10 camera with FinePix viewer v.5.0 which is installed on my laptop running Windows 8.
The last time I tried to upload pictures from my camera I it was apparently successful but I am unable to find. Unfortunately they were also deleted from the camera at the same time.
Do I need to upgrade FinePix viewer and if so to what version, or could there be another problem?
I need to upload another set of pictures and am a bit nervous of doing so!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You dont have to use Finepix and actually I prefer not to to be in more control.
Connect the camera to the computer and then press the windows key + E
Then on the left near where C drive is you should see the camera listed.
Click on it and you can just copy and paste your files from the camera to the computer like any files on your computer.
Can you do this please and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant see the camera listed (its F drive), but if I click on the start up icon on the task bar I can see all the pictures. I can select all and import, which is what I think happened before, but import to where?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you see F Drive then thats the camera Liz.
So click on F drive
What then happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't see F drive listed and the photos I said I couuld see were not from the camera.. I've got to go now, thanks for the info about the software. I must have another problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sorry I thought you indicated you saw F drive listed.
You do seem to have another issue, but if you can select all and import do this and check the pictures folder as by default they will go there.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.