Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

I bought the MG5650 yesterday and set it up so it prints from

I bought the MG5650 yesterday and set it up so it prints from my IMac Iphone and Ipad wirelessly - great! BUT my daughter's Macmini in a different room gets no result. The Macmini recognised the printer straight away and sends the data to the printer, but nothing gets printed. Would be grateful for any solution you can think of
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you print from the Mac mini, the printer does not do anything right?

Did you set up the printer using your iMac computer? Or using her Mac mini computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I set up the printer from the iMac

Thank you. Please try the followings:

1. Make sure the Mac mini is connected to the exact same wireless / Wi-Fi network name as on the printer.
  2. Make sure the printer is powered on.
  3. Make sure you did install the Canon printer driver on the Mac mini.
  4. On the Mac mini, click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax (or Print & Scan.)
  5. Select the Canon printer. Then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left and confirm in order to remove the Canon printer for now.
  6. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should detect the Canon wireless printer, then add it.
  7. Check printing.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry this is taking me longer than anticipated - the mouse on the MacMini has chosen this moment to stop working. Fortunately I have a spare magic mouse and will install that and get back to you soonest. KA

Sorry about that. If needed, shut down / restart the MacMini, then try my steps. Please take your time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I did all that. Deleted the printer, then reinstalled. Computer finds the printer instantly and then sends the data to the printer very quickly. But nothing gets printed out.

Sorry, please try:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Scan (or Print & Fax.)
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu. And confirm.
  4. Then use the + button to detect and add the printer again, then check printing.
  5. If needed, restart the computer and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no luck. Did a restart as well. However, it may be a software issue. When the computer first looks for the printer it detects two versions: one is styled MG5650 bonjour, the other MG5650 canon inkjet. If I select the first version it then tells me software is not available on apple and I must contact the manufacturer, second version appears to work as a 'generic post script printer'. I tried looking for software from a drop down menu for the first 'bonjour' but did not see the MG5650 model listed among hundreds of others.

What to do?

Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot digital cameras.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that was what was wrong. All working now. Many thanks

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks very much

You're very welcome.